Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My thoughts & prayers are constantly with baby Stellan

Stellan is doing a little better tonight, oh the power of prayer. This little guy sure does have the prayers pouring in for him. He is such an amazing little man. Here is an update on Stellan, straight from his mama's blog

"For the first time since he's been in the hospital, Stellan has been able to sleep rather peacefully. He had two naps today. One in his bed here and the other on my chest as I rocked him for hours. It was beautiful. My heart was so comforted to see him be able to rest.During his second nap with me, his heart converted to perfect sinus rhythm for almost 45 minutes! This is progress! After that, he flipped back into steady SVT with no little breaks like he'd been having, but at least his body got a rest for almost an hour. His capillary response was great, his breathing, which had been at about 80-90 breaths a minute, went down to near 40 per minute during that time he was in sinus.I know he felt reenergized. I won't lie, it was very difficult to see him flip back into SVT and start to feel unwell again, though. Although I'm so thankful he had that reprieve, gearing up again for more time in tachycardia would not have been my first choice.But again, we know that it's not me who gets my choice here.Stellan is still tolerating all of this amazingly well. His nurse Andy today told me that if he couldn't see Stellan, but could only see his monitor showing what his heart was doing, he would never in a million years believe that the baby connected to that monitor could continue to look so well!It is taking Stellan a longer time than the cardiologist hoped and expected to get this under control, but we are so blessed that Stellan is tolerating this lengthy time in SVT so well as of yet. We are praying that he can hang in there until his heart rate finally gets under control!The pediatric cardiologist wants to see Stellan in 24 hours straight of good rhythm with no episodes of SVT. That is what we are working and praying towards!Stellan is off Esmolol now and is also no longer taking an antibiotic or a steroid. He is only on Flecainide and a different beta blocker (whose name escapes me at this moment). Of course, the doctor is hoping that this will be the combination of meds that will kick Stellan's SVT to the curb and that we won't have to move up the ladder of more serious interventions for Stellan!Of course, only The Great Physician truly knows what will happen. The rest of us will wait and see. "

she has remained so faithful to God during this trying time, she is such a inspiration to me and I hope to everyone who reads this.


My day has been a busy one, getting some stuff ready for a yardsale coming up. Going to have lots of baby girl and toddler girl clothes if anyone is interested? I also took pics of a baby boy named Camden and he did a great job and was such a cutie! I have posted pics of him on my facebook page. If you dont have me on facebook, please add me.

I forgot to post a funny story about Ava yesterday, as we were going through McDonalds she decided she didn't want the normal nugget meal, she stated "mommy I want a hamburger without grass" I laughed my butt off, how cute was that? She sure did not want a speck of grass on her burger, funny little girl. The things that kids say, they can be so serious about it to but it can be the most hilarious thing to us!


Well im fighting to stay awake tonight I will have more interesting stuff to post tomorrow, as I will be taking Kanon's cake pictures FINALLY!! It has been in our freezer since his birthday. Keep your fingers crossed that he tears into it and lets his mama get a bunch of great pics of him.

Check in tomorrow for some updates on Baby Stellan, remember to squeeze your kids a little tighter!!

1 comment:

  1. I know you aren't selling Kanon's stuff b/c I haven't been told yet and you know dang well that if I have another baby it's going to be boy named Liam!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete