Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Lil' Lawson

Tonight me and my friend Brandy got on the subject of how everyone always talks about who your kids look like. Have you ever noticed as soon as you have a baby that is always one of the first conversations. "he or she looks like aunt patty, or uncle bob" . It always seems that the fathers side thinks the child looks like the father or family members on that side, and the mother's family thinks the baby looks like her side. HOWEVER there is one little boy of mine named Kanon who looks just like his cousin Lawson. There is no doubt about it, their baby pics are amazing. I don't care how many times people think he looks like Uncle Frank, Aunt Joanne, Grandpa Billy Bob, they are all wrong. He looks like a Blocker, and anyone who says anything different is in denial. Check out the proof:
This one looks so much like Kanon's baby pictures its scary. Kanon had a little more hair but other than that its identical. I had showed Ady this picture a while back and she thought it was Kanon and was shocked when I told her otherwise.

Here is Lawson in the tub when he was a baby, looks just like Kanman.
I took this one on Mother's Day. We were all joking around and said these were the Triplets. Everyone always comments how much Kanon even resembles Cory. Whenenver we go see him for a Dr visit everyone in the office thinks he is a Cory look a like. They all have the Blocker forhead going, same noses, smile, eyes, even hair color. Lawson and Kanon have the same exact body build when they were babies, and even dance alike...it is quite amusing but there is no other baby I would rather him look like. I am proud of my handsome little nephew, I guess it runs in the family!

Ok...I feel better now..had to get that out of my system. That has been a pet peeve of mine since I have had kids. I had once heard on a tv show, if you want to know who your baby looks like ask the cashier at Walmart, isnt that the truth! Adyson definately looks like the Kingree's... Ava looks more like a mixture between her Mommy & Daddy and like I said Kanon is 100% my side, whenever I hear anything other I just laugh to myself. So the moral of the story is, if you feel the need to tell me my son looks like anyone else, please don't because its so silly and drives me insane. Ok to end the night I got some new pics of my little man. I was so proud of these pics , here they are, and THANKS Brandy for my new Layout, you rock chick.

Awww This one is my all-time Fav..I picture this one HUGE on canvas!



A breakdown in the park, a guy can only handle so many pictures.

Kanon kept running away from me and at this point I was saying "Kanon come back here" and this was his reaction haha.
The end :)











4 comments:

  1. Well said chickadee! I wanted to scream at people who would spout off Sebastian looked like every member of the Johnson family & not a thing like me!! I always thought Kanon looked just like you, especially with that reddish hair but once you see Kanon right next to Lawson there's no denying the Blocker Beauty! Family members can't determine who children resemble b/c you are exactly right...they can NOT be impartial and see what they want to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually laughed when I read this because I think it is funny when people try to tell me that Lawson looks like me at all!!! :)  Cory, Lawson and Kanon do favor sooooo much!  I think that is awesome!  Loved the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! This has been a pet peeve of mine since Ryder was born. I actually thought I originated the "ask a cashier at Wal-Mart" statement. Chuck's family used to get downright child-like about it. I have sooo felt your pain!

    ReplyDelete